The 2024 Anne Frank Visiting Researcher Award
Call for Applications | DEADLINE: April 19, 2024
In 2024, the UC Irvine Libraries is offering awards of $1,000 each to two individuals to use the research collections in the Southeast Asian Archive, part of the UC Irvine Libraries Special Collections and Archives.
The award is intended for a researcher who lives outside of Orange County and is not currently affiliated with UC Irvine. Faculty, students, and independent researchers (including film makers, scriptwriters, playwrights, biographers, novelists, and others) are encouraged to apply. The $1,000 award is intended to defray expenses for traveling to Irvine and conducting research in the Southeast Asian Archive.
Applications will be judged according to the relevance of the proposal to the holdings of the Southeast Asian Archive, the proposed outcome of the research, and the qualifications of the applicant.
This award is given in honor of Anne Frank, the Southeast Asian Archive founding librarian who retired in 2007.
Send the following information in an email with the subject heading "AF Award Application" to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Up-to-date resume or CV (please limit to 2-pages)
- Applicant name:
- Title of project
- Brief description of proposed research (no more than 200 words)
- Collections or items that you anticipate using and how they are relevant to your proposed research (no more than 200 words). For this section, You may want to visit our research page for more information on major research topics or view Finding Aids for the SEAA archival collections.
- Proposed outcome of the research (no more than 200 words)
- Proposed dates for visiting the Southeast Asian Archive
- Separately, a letter of reference from someone familiar with your research should be sent directly to email@example.com by the deadline.
Previous recipients of the Anne Frank Visiting Researcher Award