**The Anne Frank Visiting Researcher Award will return in January 2024.**
Call for Applications | DEADLINE: SPRING 2024
The UC Irvine Libraries offers an annual award of $1,000 to one individual to use the research collections in the Southeast Asian Archive, part of the UC Irvine Libraries Special Collections and Archives.
The award is intended for a researcher who lives outside of Orange County and is not affiliated with UC Irvine. Faculty, students, and independent researchers (including film makers, scriptwriters, playwrights, biographers, novelists, and others) are encouraged to apply. The $1,000 award is intended to defray expenses for traveling to Irvine and conducting research in the Southeast Asian Archive.
Applications will be judged according to the relevance of the proposal to the holdings of the Southeast Asian Archive, the proposed outcome of the research, and the qualifications of the applicant.
This award is given in honor of Anne Frank, the Southeast Asian Archive founding librarian who retired in 2007.
Send the following information in an email with the subject heading "AF Award Application" to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Up-to-date resume or CV (please limit to 2-pages)
- Applicant name:
- Title of project
- Brief description of proposed research (no more than 200 words)
- Collections or items that you anticipate using and how they are relevant to your proposed research (no more than 200 words). For this section, You may want to visit our research page for more information on major research topics or view Finding Aids for the SEAA archival collections.
- Proposed outcome of the research (no more than 200 words)
- One letter of reference from someone familiar with your research
- Proposed dates for visiting the Southeast Asian Archive
Previous recipients of the Anne Frank Visiting Researcher Award